Limit adjustment is a feature that allows Nubank users to adjust their credit card limit using just the app. People can choose how much of their approved limit they want to use, helping them to have better control of their expenses, and also ask for more credit.
The feature was already a success, but we knew it could get even better.
The first thing I did was to meet with the stakeholders to understand the problems, get more context and set expectations.
I wanted to define 3 things:
We wanted to understand what those gaps were and how they affected our users. It'd help us solving issues limit adjustment feature had and having more knowledge of how our costumers understanding of credit.
Although some good ideas showed up, I believed we could go beyond. “A co-design session would help,” I thought.
From that co-design session we generated more ideas, and more “what ifs” popped up. In this particular case, more insights about information architecture.
At that point I thought we had a good amount of material, and it was time for us to filter down the ideas we believed the most.
I noticed the current entry-point was too subtle and that
could go through it unnoticed.
So I thought that making it more literal would help be aware about the feature.
The limit slider is one of the most beloved features in
but it wasn't the first thing people would see after tapping the entry-point.
We could make some links more contextual, others were more visible.
Prepayment entry-point could show up when a limit request was denied and asking for more limit could have an actual button.
The most important thing about the feature is the slider. Although it already was a success, I wanted to make it even more lovable.
We added a visual hint for people to know the right amount to have more limit available — or less. Green you have credit available, gray you don't.
We didn't realize that the feature improvement would increase the number of unique users so much and that it would have such a positive impact on their experience. The impact was that they have easier access to more credit now.
So the initial metric ended up being not as accurate because it did not predict the improvement's potential.
more people access the screen
more people adjusts the limit
more people asking for limit increase for the first time
times more people making pre-payments
I could've ran the co-design session before sketching out ideas. That way I would reduce my bias and start with a fresher mind.
Because the data we gathered in the research, we could make more
We didn't need to change the whole interaction to make impact.